I’m always looking for great recipes that are healthy, colorful and that the kids will enjoy. This is a great thing to whip up in the kitchen while your kids are getting their homework done! It’s also a great heart healthy recipe!
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 3 beets
- 1 bunch of kale
- Handful of Craisins and roasted almonds (about 1/3 cup each)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Roast the vegetables:
Butternut squash: Peel, scoop out the seeds, dice. Place on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees turning half way.
Beets: Peel and dice. Place on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees turning half way.
While the vegetables roast:
Kale: Tear off the leaves off the vine. Tear and wash and dry. Set aside in a bowl for mixing. Pour 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil on the kale and massage for 3 minutes.
- Add Craisins to kale.
- Dice the onion and garlic and add to kale.
- Rough chop the almonds and add to kale.
- Mix the orange juice and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
Once vegetables are cooked:
- Add vegetables to the kale mixture.
- Add the orange juice/vinegar dressing. Mix thoroughly.
- Taste and add salt as desired.