Again, I was reminded that Halloween is around the corner with a friend asking me, “So, what will the boys be for Halloween this year?” Yep, the leaves are starting to change color and we already started to decorate the house for autumn – makes sense to think about costumes, too.
Did you tune into last year’s blog about other treat options for Halloween? Yes, we plan to handout out Play Doh again this year. What will your family hand out to your trick-or-treaters??
Five ways to experience seasonal fun – eating well and staying active:
1. Visit a fruit farm, pumpkin patch or corn maze: Some you must pay for the entertainment and others you can just visit (and maybe take pictures of the kids amongst the pumpkins). Going through a corn maze allows for exercise, bonding and laughing. Some of our favorites, plus other ideas:
- Young’s Jersey Dairy
- Circle Farms
- Brumbaugh’s Fruit and Fun Farm
- Fulton’s Farm
- Pumpkin patches in Ohio
- Find a corn maze near you
2. Try a new recipe: Cook with your kids and enjoy!
3. Play some games: Incorporate these at home or in a Fall Party
- Help the kids use their mind & body with these games
- Ideas ranging from a scavenger hunt to offering candy to the Great Pumpkin
- Gourd Games
5. Hike! Not only do we get exercise and bond, but we learn about our great park systems.
Check out Dayton Children’s on Pinterest for other Halloween ideas pinned to the Boards: Kids recipes and nutrition tips and Just right for moms, mothers, mommies and motherhood.